• Age: 20 years old
• Arrival: September 1st 2018
• Length of placement: 10 months
• Child care experience: 746 hours of child care experience as a leader of a youth group, as a camp counselor including organizing all of the activities and leading the staff, and as a karate teacher leading workshops with children 6 and up.
• Driver’s license since: July 2016, drives 3-5 times per week
• Hobbies: Enjoys reading books, fitness and karate (winning state championships!)
• Swimming: Advanced swimmer
•Other: Experience working with children with ADHD, wants to study business law when she returns to Germany
• Reference says: “Both referees pointed out that Nadja is a sensitive and empathetic person with an excellent feeling for children’s needs. Nadja will surely be a great au pair as she has experienced full-time work with children at camp many times and knows what it means to be in sole charge of children for large part of the day. At camp, it was her who was in charge, but she never had problems following the instructions of superiors (senior parish members). I think that the combination of childcare skills and her previous work experience plus her personal skills (organisation, systematic approach to issues, readiness to work hard) will make her not only an efficient help for the parents, but also a great companion for the children!
I very highly recommend her!”