• Age: 19 years old
• Arrival: August 1st 2018
• Length of placement: 12 months
• Child care experience: Over 3000 hours of child care experience as a childminder/babysitter for the same family for 2 years, this includes tutoring/helping with homework and as a big sister with children aged 1 and up. Experience working with children with a learning disability.
• Driver’s license since: April 2018, drives everyday
• Hobbies: Enjoys playing table tennis, volleyball and badminton- also enjoys cooking, reading and listening to music!
• Swimming: Intermediate swimmer
•Other: Wants to study economics when she returns to Germany
• Reference says: Laura is a friendly, honest and hardworking young woman. She is a very helpful person and also really supportive to her mother since she has a patient, kind and loving relationship to her brother. Since her brother has special needs Laura is willing to care for children with disabilities in Canada as well. Laura is not afraid of hard work or helping with household duties, e.g. cooking, baking or cleaning. Laura is very fond of children and is more of a family person than a party girl. She has a nice natural appearance and behaviour. Her flexibility with the children and their age is a real plus and that children bond with her makes her even more qualified.”