The best part of being an Au Pair is immersing into a new culture: learning new customs, traditions and foods! It’s a wonderful experience that makes lifelong memories. At Adanac Au Pair, we are partnered with agencies around the world. Each country has it’s own program with different offers and requirements. Through the next few blog posts, we will be exploring each country and explaining what these programs are all about!
To begin, we will be going down under to Australia! This program is suited for those who want to work between 6-12 months (can be extending to 24 months) and who have experience with children of all ages. This program has an in person orientation in Sydney where they will help set you up for success for your time abroad! They are looking for Au Pairs to arrive in Winter/Spring, so if you are a student who is finishing a Fall semester, this program is perfect for you!
Program package ($1000.00-$1300.00)
- Airport Meet & Greet
- Arrival accommodation
- Bank account and tax file number set up
- Free mail forward/keep
- 24/7 emergency support
- Can be combined with the Work & Travel program
- 6 months of insurance
Working hours and pay:
- Au Pair Classic: Up to 35 hours, $240.00 per week. 36-40 hours, $290.00
- Au Pair PLUS/Infant: Up to 35 hours, $240.00 per week. 36-40 hours, $290.00
- Au Pair PLATINUM: Up to 35 hours, $290.00 per week. 36-40 hours, $360.00
- A $500.00 completion bonus
- 18-30 years old
- Au Pair Classic: 200 hours minimum experience gained within the last 3 years and can care for children aged 3 and over.
- Au Pair PLUS/Infant: 200 hours minimum experience including 100 hours experience caring for children under 3 gained within the last 3 years. The Au Pair must have been at least 16 years of age for the 100 hours experience with under 3 year old children to be taken into account. The Au Pair must also be willing to care for children 3 years and under.
- Au Pair PLATINUM: Must have a minimum of 2 years full time experience or hold a degree or child care related certification (minimum 2 year course).
- Have 200 hours of recent practical child care experience gained within the last 3 years (e.g. regular babysitting for non-family members, working in a day care centre, volunteering in youth groups/sports)
- Valid driver’s license
- Speak English to a good standard
- Meet Australia visa requirements
- Have a clean police record
- Want to spend 6-12 months with a family in Australia
- Be available for departure over a minimum of a 2 month period
- Have completed secondary school education